Thursday, August 25, 2011

I would but...

Salutations Folks!

God gives us so much on a daily basis and at times we tend to take things in a way that we complain. As of recently I've heard myself complain about how much I have to do and how I don't have time for things blah blah blah. This also has begun to bleed into everything else I do, and I do everything in a "tired mindset". I have also told myself that I'm entitled to be tired: How could I not be tired? They do not understand everything I have to do... they do not do as much as I do!

What did I notice in those sentences?
1.  I mention myself three times, others twice, God zero.
2. The word "not" appears three times.
3. The word "do" appears five times.

What did I learn?
1. I think about myself more than I think about others, and I think about myself three times more than I think about God.

2. I cannot. God can.

3. The only real way to live is not to "do" but to "surrender".

This realization has been around a long time... but I tend to "forget" conveniently whenever I want "God" to do things my way. He lovingly guides me back and when that doesn't work He has broken my leg (a few times) to make sure I walk closer to Him.

Today's prayer:
Father, show me your way and tie me down to the passenger seat. Make me trust you and only your guidance because you are my father. Make me continue to work as long as you give me time and energy. Multiply my energy and fervor to work for you or any of your children, because the task will be yours. "If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more will your Father who is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him?" 

Thankful list: 
6. Competing with a 3 year old about who loves the other more.

7. Pets who want to play no matter how tired you are, and how much energy you realize you have when you play with them.

8. Understanding the value of youth while young.

9. Seeing someone smile because they realize you are genuinely proud of them.

10. Rain. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is deep stuff Nat! "I cannot. God can": that is such a freeing truth. Hope you keep posting =)

    ReplyDelete